Families Receive Text Message from Malaysian Airlines

Text Families Notified

Family members of passengers aboard Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 were notified by text message that “beyond any reasonable doubt” there were no survivors.

The texts went out before the press conference by Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak.

Wang Zhen, whose father and mother, Wang Linshi and Xiong Yunming, were aboard the flight as part of a group of Chinese artists touring Malaysia, heard the announcement on television from another hotel where he had been staying.

He said some of the relatives had received a text message in English from the airliner advising of the findings to be announced in a late-night news conference by Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak. Najib said an unprecedented analysis of satellite data concluded that the flight, which disappeared March 8 with 239 people aboard while on a night flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, must have ended in the sea far from any possible landing site.

FULL TEXT: Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived. As you hear in the next hour from Malaysia’s Prime Minister, we must now accept all evidence that the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean.
STATEMENT TO THE FAMILIES FROM MALAYSIAN AIRLINES
MORE COVERAGE OF MALAYSIA PLANE CRASH

[kaltura-widget uiconfid=”23327461″ entryid=”1_7htp9kac” width=”610″ height=”423″ /]

This story compiled with information from The Associated Press.